Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Gluttony



This week’s Booking Through Thursday question is:

Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?

My eyes are definitely bigger than my book belly! Back in my single, pre-child days, I could read whenever the mood struck me, which I'll say was quite often. But now, I can barely squeeze in time while riding the bus to and from work.

My husband, son and I love to browse through books and spend a good portion of whatever free time we have at a bookstore or library. In fact, when our initial plans fell through, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary hopping bookstores!

I buy books much faster than I can read them but I'm happy knowing I have a good selection waiting for me when I do have a few moments to spare. My husband has a bit more free time so he will actually get something read before our next bookstore run.

The beautiful covers, enticing blurbs, intoxicating scent of paper...ahhh... can you blame me for wanting more, more, more?

Click here to find out how other participants answered this question.

7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

The smell of new books...or used ones..all are my undoings!

*grin*


Book gluttons, are we?

Jess said...

Instead of buying I borrow from the local library. I always borrow too many though and always have to bring back books that I haven't read. But I keep them on my TBR list with the hope that I will borrow it again or break down and buy it!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

My TBR pile is huge, and new ones arrive every week, adding to it. And then, I have this habit of reserving too many books at the library and not having enough time to read them all before they need to go back.

I just don't think you can have too many!

Nise' said...

What a great way to spend time together!

Vicki said...

How lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who loves to taste fresh stuff. Presently I am making my own pv panels. I am managing it all alone without the help of my men. I'm using the internet as the only path to acheive that. I ran across a very awesome website which explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and so on. The site explains all the steps needed for solar panel building.

I am not exactly sure bout how accurate the information given there is. If some experts over here who have xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it will be grand and I'd really value it, cauze I extremely lav solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. U guys are the best.